TSplus version 11.70
This new release is including major security enhancements:
- TSplus Alternate Shell: Following the October 10 Windows Update, administrators allowing their users to start a Remote Desktop saw the Windows shell as an issue. The main problem resides in the session opening/black screen issue when a complete desktop is assigned to multiple users on Windows 10 and Server 2016.To protect our customers, we decided to invest in a technical solution which is eliminating these Windows shell issues: The TSplus Alternate shell. It provides features and graphical experience similar to Windows 2016 Windows shell, such as the display of the 2016 Start button and taskbar. Therefore, on W10 or 2016, TSplus remote users can enjoy the Desktop experience on the latest’s release of Windows version without experiencing Windows shell issues.
Thus, for administrators managing 10 users or more on these Operating Systems we recommend you activate the WinXshell alternate shell on the Session Opening preference tile located under the Server tab of the Administrator Tool:
- It is now possible to speed up users logons by disabling per user services on the Session Management and Local Group Policies tile:
- Application Control: Customization of the minimized buttons display is now possible on the Customize Taskbar tile under the Applications tab. You can either show or hide Systray Notifications area and specify minimized buttons positions: on the right side, the centre or the left side of the screen. The administrator can even decide to display it on top of the user screen instead of the default bottom side:
TSplus version 11.60
This new version focuses on a better adaptation to the Windows 2016 and W10 versions, including the next update of October 2018:
- The login process has been changed to guarantee the expected result, even in systems with a heavy workload. The limit on the number of RemoteApp sessions in W2016/W10 has been suppressed.
- In W10/W2016, the Windows Shell has been replaced by our new WinXshell on all systems with a TSplus license of more than 10 users. Please keep in mind that this is not the final version of WinXshell. We hope to make improvements before the end of October 2018.
- In W10/W2016, the “GPO” section of the AdminTool has been enhanced with the ability to enable/disable new “per user” services, which are not useful in a “server” environment.
- If the system was not installed on the C: drive, the Ghostscript installer would crash. To avoid this in this case, the administrator is now asked to process their Ghostscript installation manually.
- The Universal Printer did not work when a different version of Ghostscript was installed. Now this is fixed when restarting.
However, if the printing problem persists after the reboot, reinstalling the Ghostscript driver from the “Printer Administration” box of the AdminTool will fix it.
- The Universal Printer did not work due to the lack of write permissions in the folder …/www. This has been solved.
- Using the “RemoteApp On Client” feature, multiple icons could be displayed in the user’s system tray. In addition, this icon was displayed even though the user did not have assigned applications. This has been solved.
- The general security of the TSplus Web Portal has been improved.
TSplus version 11.50
This new version includes great improvements and new features:
- Automatic Updates When an update is found in the administration tool, now it automatically downloads and applies the update version when requested:
- Local Devices Within the “Local Resources” tab of the Client Generator, all local resources are preselected by default to facilitate the redirection of COM ports or printers.
- Administration of Sessions and Local Group Directives (GPO) The code has been rewritten and simplified to facilitate the tasks of the Administrator.
- Last HTML5 code has been included
- The latest demo version of RDS-Knight it is also integrated to this version, in the Security tab of the Administration Tool. Provides 5 great measures to protect RDS servers and TSplus sessions:
TSplus version 11.40
This is a major update that brings great improvements in security and functionality:
- The customer generator it has been redesigned to be signed numerically and thus avoid false positives from antivirus. Instead of an “.exe” program, the new client generator creates an encrypted flat file with the extension “.connect”:
As a prerequisite, on the client side, a signed program called “Setup-ConnectionClient.exe” must be installed. This program is available in the following path of the TSplus installation folder: TSplusClientsWindowsClient or downloading it aquí. Each user must install it locally. Then, you can double-click on the “.connect” file to start your session.
- The excellent security complement RDS-Knight is now included in TSplus as a trial version. When installing the TSplus 11.40 program or the upgrade version, you will have the option to install it or not:
This will create an icon on your desktop, which allows you to start it. The “Security” tab of TSplus also includes a section to start RDS-Knight:
- Brute force attacks on the Web Portal will now be blocked when users enter incorrect credentials. After 10 failed attempts within a period of 10 minutes, the web portal will prohibit the login for 20 minutes (as default).
- More security improvements: security audits have been conducted and various components have been updated to further improve user safety.
They have also been made visual improvements:
- Publication of applications: the administrator can now move up or down the published applications for a better presentation in the Floating Panel.
- The personalization section of the TSplus Taskbar it has been improved to allow changing the position of the minimized buttons in the taskbar (at the top of the screen, at the bottom, to the right, to the left or in the center).
- The design of Folder.exe (secure folder) has been improved.
Launch of the TSplus 11.40 application:
TSplus applications are available for major operating systems as a web or native application. Whether on your desktop or mobile device, applications are a gateway to every TSplus system.
With a single click, you are connected to the server in Madrid; with another, he starts his CRM in Seville.
Easily print any document or photo you need on your local printer with the new version of the TSplus application.
- Print to your local printer using the Universal Printer. Printed documents are now opened with the default PDF reader application.
- Several configuration options have been added. Now you can modify the screen settings according to your convenience in the “Settings” tab:
Change the zoom level, reduce network usage or choose from 3 mouse pointer sizes: small, medium or large.
- Now available in 10 languages.
- The stability and efficiency of the IOS version have been improved.
If you like the TSplus application as much as we do, take your time to leave your opinion in stores; it will be very appreciated.
The TSplus application has 2 prerequisites:
– The server must have a system TSplus Web or Enterprise.
– The version must be at least the 11.30.
TSplus version 11.30
- Now it is possible to specify the path of the start program, directory and parameters in the “program” tab of the customer generator.
- The Gateway tab now looks much cleaner. The two sections of the farm manager have been moved from the Server tab to this, for convenience and clarity:
TSplus version 11.20
Working in the cloud… anywhere, anytime. With version 11.20 of TSplus, your Windows applications are available anywhere in real time, through an Internet connection.
The HTML5 client of TSplus has been greatly improved to ensure the best possible user experience, even from smartphones or tablets.
- The keyboard has been redesigned so that it appears automatically when the focus is on an input field. If the keyboard hides that input field, the application moves up so that the user can see what he is typing.
- The mouse pointer has been redesigned to facilitate the selection of buttons and fields, even if it is on the left or bottom edges of the screen. The administrator can choose a small, medium or large size for the mouse pointer. This makes it more intuitive for the user to navigate within their application.
- The new Zoom-in and Zoom-out feature is also great. On the small screen of a phone, it can be difficult to read or select a form. With one click, it is now possible to zoom in the screen while working with your Windows application.
- The HTML5 client section of the AdminTool has been enhanced to show the most relevant screen settings.
- All known issues of the TSplus version 11.10 have been fixed.
You can download it from the Google Store (Android) or the Apple iTune Store (iOS). The TSplus application is free for all TSplus customers. Try it now and you will understand how your users will enjoy using it every day. The TSplus application is simple, intelligent and efficient to run remote applications with any type of mobile device (or even PC).
Android (Google Play Store): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.terminalserviceplus.mobile
iOS (Apple App Store): https://itunes.apple.com/es/app/tsplus/id1346566246
If you like the TSplus application as much as we do, take your time to add your opinion in stores; We will be very grateful for that.
The TSplus application has 2 prerequisites:
– The TSplus edition installed on the server must be Web Mobile or Enterprise
– and its version one 11.20 or higher
TSplus version 11.10
- The new “Application Panel”, located in the “Applications” tab, now allows to organize the applications shown, exactly as in the Web Applications Portal, but simply assigning it to a user or group:
- The new “Universal Printer Management” it gathers all the necessary tools to install, uninstall, display and manage the options of the universal printer. This tool, located in the Server tab, will allow administrators to anticipate and help users with printing difficulties.
- The HTML5 client has been drastically improved to offer excellent behavior on tablets or smartphones. As a great example, the user can now enjoy a practical mini-mouse for an easier selection of buttons and windows. The keyboard has also been improved, now it can be selected automatically with a simple right click and displayed in the chosen entry field. With these improvements, our goal is to guarantee the best possible solution to connect from mobile devices.
- All the known issues of version 10.50 have been fixed.
TSPlus Version 10.50
- New option “RemoteApp On Client”: Each user will be able to see, in his START menu and as an icon in the system tray, the list of his assigned applications. Without using your generated client, you can select one of these applications within these “local menus” and start it as RemoteAPP. To enable this new function, the administrator must generate new connection clients. From the AdminTool, the administrator can also decide whether or not to allow this new function to be available to its users.
- HTML5 client enhancement: The transfer of files by drag and drop has been considerably improved with better management and viewing. But also to avoid the loss of data and allow the transfer of a large number of files. If a file name already exists, instead of replacing it, it is automatically renamed. The memory and CPU requirements have been optimized to ensure strong stability and predictability of the result when a user is transferring large files or folders.
The design of the mini HTML5 menu icons has been improved:
- All the known problems of 10.40 have been corrected, such as:
– The login process (logonsession.bin) has been rewritten to avoid the display of a file explorer that appeared in some cases and the collapse of svcr.exe, which still happened sometimes. It has been improved to ensure better performance and a shorter login time.
– The characteristics of universal printers have been improved, to provide better results, even in specific cases.
TSPlus Version 10.40
TSplus 10.40 provides a completely new universal printer:
- Silent installation: The new version of TSplus does not show any pop-up windows during the installation of the universal printer.
- Automatic re-installation: If the universal printer is ever deleted for any reason, it will be automatically reinstalled during the next reboot. In addition, TSplus 10.40 includes the “Reinstall Universal Printer” button in the login preferences panel.
- Fast printing: version 10.40 reduces the printing delay with the TSplus universal printer. From now on, each print will open as soon as it is ready on the user’s local disk, without waiting for the previous Acrobat preview to close. In addition, the printing process starts only once the PDF is generated on the client side, which guarantees an impression without delay.
- Optimized printing format: The universal printer is configured automatically with the server page format (Letter or A4). When the user wishes to change the printing format, he must do so through the advanced options of the universal printer preferences. You can choose between all existing formats or a customized one. This setting will be saved for the following sessions.
- Now perfectly supports formats with the smallest margins or without margin.
- Reception with double checking: Now there is an additional location where you can find the PDF you are printing. You can find it in the clipboard or in the file “clientenvironment.ini”.
- You can download the new installation patches through the following links:
– http://dl-files.com/Setup-UniversalPrinter-V1.exe: Uninstall both old and new drivers before installing this version. In that way, we make sure that the installation is correct.
– http://dl-files.com/Setup-UniversalPrinter-V2.exe: Uninstall both old and new drivers before installing this version. In that way, we make sure that the installation is correct.
- Top menu of TSplus HTML5 remote client: The design has been improved to get a better display of the up/down buttons
- Includes the solution to all known issues of version 10.30
TSPlus Version 10.30
This release continues to improve the universal printer’s feature.
- Universal Printer: The universal printer is no longer installed during installation or during the upgrade. In case the universal printer feature is not yet installed, a message box offering the installation will be displayed when the administrator starts the “AdminTool”. This new process allows a faster configuration. It can also be installed from the Start Menu.
On the other hand, if the Administrator is already using the Universal printer with a TSPlus version 10 or 9 driver, “AdminTool” automatically shows the version of the Universal Printer in the licenses tab:
If you had an earlier version, you must first uninstall the Universal Printer using the START Menu entry, and then install the new one using the Universal Printer installation START menu entry.
Note that the new “Universal Printer” driver can not be installed on 2003/XP systems. To be able to enjoy the Universal Printer with these systems, you will have to use the old driver. To do this, use this link
- Print Preview: If the user has a PDF viewer such as Acrobat, the preview will use that but the TSplus client will automatically use Sumatra PDF for it
- TSplus menu HOME: Now includes these entries:
AdminTool, Client Generator, Uninstall Tsplus, Universal Printer Installation, Universal Printer Removal, User Guide (technical documentation of TSplus)
- This version solves 99% of the problems studied after the release of 10.20. Logon processes have been improved from all clients, support for logon names with special characters has been added, and the web application portal has been improved
TSPlus Version 10.20
This version solves 99% of the problems studied after the release of 10.10.
- Client Generator: For years, if a new client with the same name as an old one was generated, the configuration stored in the user’s/RDP folder was not modified. An option has been added to force the new configuration, even if the client’s name is identical.
- Client Generator: it has been decided to keep Sumatra as a PDF reader. Some users did not have Acrobat or Foxit on their PC, so this way you can print on any PC.
- Log in: problems have been tested and solved with the start/close/disconnect/reconnection/session capture.
- Unique application: the login program has been reinforced to guarantee an alternative solution in case a single application fails to start. Instead of logging out, the Taskbar (RemoteApp) or a full desktop (RDP mode) will be started. Please note that if you close the application too quickly (in 10 s) the system will believe that it failed to start and proceed with the alternative solution. By editing the Appcontrol.ini file you can request a logout to disable this option, or have your own default application started as an alternative.
- Session ID: the method to read the user session ID has been standardized. In this way, some problems related to printing after a disconnection or reconnection are avoided.
- Wait without CPU usage: the use of the Windows API has become widespread to reduce the CPU usage of our programs. This also eliminates some problem in which the session never closed.
- Blocking the SVCR: the code has been modified to prevent blockages of the SVCR.
- Universal Printer: the update version does not install the new Universal Printer driver to prevent the regression of current customers. The new Universal Printer driver is installed for everyone who runs the installer. Please bear in mind that next week a new version of the driver will be used that will allow you to change the paper format (A4 or Letter) and scale the document to fit the format even with narrow margins.
- System Audit: now returns a positive response whether the new one is installed or the old Universal Printer.
- HTML5: added the option to add a command line in the URL that allows changing any of the .js configuration values. The option to use the “Shift” function keys has also been added.
TSPlus Version 10.10.4.11
The following problem has been fixed:
- When starting a single application, the Applications Web Portal, or the RemoteApp mode, failures could occur such as black screen, logoff or others.
TSPlus Version 10.10
All known issues of version 9.90 have been fixed, such as:
- Administrators can monitor their Server Farms from the TSplus Gateway: version 10.10 ensures 100% efficiency of the powerful Farm Manager included in the TSplus Enterprise Edition.
- RemoteApp mode users now benefit from automatic updates.
- When using the TSplus 10.10 RemoteApp client, logging in with a blank password is prevented. The goal is to improve security. The user’s credentials have become mandatory, this prevents access to the login page on the Windows server side.
- The System Audit has been changed to include the incredible new features of the Universal Printer.
The version 10.10 of TSplus brings great improvements:
- The HTML5 client improves the user experience; it includes a nice top menu, which is now docked at the top when the user selects one of their tools. It also brings a new option to customize the keyboard input box when you click on an input field from Tablets or Smartphones. In addition, the code for transferring files to the server has been rewritten to allow multiple selections and transfer of files from the server to the client machine.
- The Universal Printer has been completely rewritten to provide a faster and more reliable local printing solution. With TSplus 10.10, the local printer mapping function is configured by default when the RemoteApp client is used.
- TSplus 10.10 processes have been optimized to eliminate CPU usage. This is important for servers with many concurrent sessions. With this great improvement, TSplus becomes the best solution to support a large number of simultaneous users in a Windows system.